1. Applications are invited for the Entrance Examination for admission to B Pharm Course [through Lateral Entry] for the year, 2012 in the Government and Private- Self financing Colleges.
2. Eligibility for Admission
(i) Nativity: Applicant should be an Indian citizen of Kerala origin.
(ii) Academic qualifications: Diploma in Pharmacy [Candidate shall have studied in an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India and shall have passed the diploma examination conducted by the State Board of D Pharm Examinations or equivalent and must have a minimum of 50% marks for the second year D Pharm examination]. (For SEBC/OEC candidates, 45% marks and for SC/ST Candidates a pass in the second year D Pharm examination will be sufficient.)
(iii) Age: There is no upper age limit for admission to the course.
3. Selection on the basis of Entrance Examination: Selection of candidates for Bpharm (Lateral entry) course 2012 will be made on the basis of an Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, [CEE] at Thiruvananthapuram on 11.11.2012 (Sunday). It will consists of one Paper, of two hours duration and will have 100 Objective Type (Multiple Choice) Questions. Candidates except those belonging to SC/ST categories have to score a minimum of 10% marks in the Entrance examination, to qualify and to figure
in the rank list.
4. Application forms: Prospectus and Application form will be available from 09.10.2012, in the website www.cee-kerala.org. There will be separate application forms for general candidates and SC/ST candidates. Candidates seeking admission to this course can apply in the prescribed format, after downloading the application form, provided in the website www.cee-kerala.org of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and then remit the required fees at any State Bank of Travancore Branch using the Bank Chalan available with the print out .Candidates residing outside Kerala State can remit the application fee by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Application fee is Rs.300/- for General candidates and Rs.150/- for SC/ST candidates. Application forms will not be sold from the office of the CEE or office of the DME. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
5. Last date and time for receipt of filled-in application forms: Candidates seeking admission should forward their completed application with all the required documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001, either by Registered post / hand delivery /speed post so as to reach him before 5 pm on 20.10.2012 (Saturday).
6. Late, defective and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence will be undertaken in this regard. CEE will not be responsible for any postal delay.
7. Candidates will neither be allowed to include any information in the application form nor be allowed to submit any certificates / documents claiming reservation or any other benefits, after the submission of the application, under any circumstances
8. Candidates must note that they have to obtain the required certificates in the body of the application form itself, wherever specified. The certificates that are attached separately along with the application form will not be considered under any circumstances.
9. The CEE will conduct the Entrance Examination, prepare and publish the rank list of of all candidates who qualify in the Entrance Examination and forward the same to the Director of Medical Education.
10. The allotment and admission will be done by the DME, based on various provisions laid down in the Prospectus, approved by the Government of Kerala.
Candidates may go through the various provisions of the Prospectus available in the Official web site of the CEE at “www.cee-kerala.org”, before filling up the application forms.