Last date for filling the form online: 10th November 2012.
Established in 1936, Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a Government of India funded Deemed University that contributes to the creation of ecologically sustainable, equitable and just society. TISS through its 9 schools and 3 independent centers at the Mumbai Campus, along with vibrant campuses in Tuljapur (Maharashtra), Guwahati and Hyderabad offers 39 highly competitive, socially relevant M.A. / M.Sc. / M.P.H./ M.H.A. Programmes in inter and trans-disciplinary areas of social work, health, management, development, habitat and climate sciences. The Institute has over 160 full-time highly accomplished faculty members involved in teaching, research, policy influencing and institution building activities. Currently, the Mumbai campus has over 1600 Masters and 380 Doctoral students. In 2009 TISS was reaccredited by NAAC and was awarded Grade “A” with a score of 3.88 out of 4.
Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses have independent high quality faculty engaged in teaching, research, policy and outreach activities; and are networked with Mumbai campus to access library, online books and journals and classes. All campuses have unified campus placement programme.
TISS ANNOUNCES Admission to the 2013-15 batch for the following Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) Offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses
As per Government of India norms, Mumbai, Tuljapur and Guwahati Campuses provide 15%, 7.5% and 27% reservation to Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribe and Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) for each of the programmes. In addition, Persons With Disabilities (PWD) are eligible to 3% of the supernumerary seats.
As per agreement with Ministry of Development of North-East Region, Government of India, Guwahati Campus allots 66% of the seats to candidates from eight North Eastern States. And the 34% of the seats are for candidates from other parts of the country. Persons With Disabilities (PWD) are eligible to 3% of the supernumerary seats.
TISS offers 39 Master's Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses for the 2013-2015 batch. Candidates can apply for a minimum of one and a maximum of five programmes across the four tiss campuses. However, they can opt for only a maximum of three programmes at tiss mumbai.
In case the candidate is selected for more than one programme after National Common Entrance Test, Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview, admission will be offered to the programme higher in the order of preference.
ONLINE application is available along with this announcement. Complete ONLINE application form, pay the application fee (depending on number of programmes applied) and submit it.
Candidates having trouble completing ONLINE application form or lack access to internet services can write to Mumbai campus for printed application form. Complete the application form and submit before last date of submission.
Written test in ONLINE format will be held on 13th January 2013 in more than 25 centres in all parts of the country. The ONLINE test is of Multiple choice objective type and thus even those with rudimentary knowledge of working with computers or cell phones can do the test. In case any candidate desires to do the test on paper, this must be indicated in the application form.
Candidates with visual impairment will be given an option to have a Reader/Writer and a paper-pen test be conducted at designated centres, which will be announced closer to the test dates.
Orientation to admission process:Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and minority communities are invited to attend three day orientation proramme 14-16th December 2012 in different regions of the country. Candidates from these categories must indicatethe place they would like to attend the orientation programme, and an invitation letter from the Office of Dean, Social Protection will reach them 2 weeks prior to the date of orientation programme.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites application forms for admission into following Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree (MA, M.Sc., MHA, MPH) Programs through TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET) from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses for the Academic Year 2013 – 2015.
Programs / Intake:
School of Social Work (MA Social Work in)
1. Children & Family: 26
2. Criminology & Justice: 26
3. Community Organization & Development Practice: 30
4. Disability Studies & Action: 26
5. Dalit & Tribal Studies & Action: 25
6. Mental Health: 20
7. Public Health: 20
8. Livelihoods & Entrepreneurship: 20
9. Women-Centred Practice: 15
One year full time Masters degree program for candidates with Masters degree and work experience:
10. Management of Voluntary – Non-Profit Organizations: 30
11. Mental Health**: 15
School of Management and Labour Studies (MA in)
12. Human Resource Management & Labour Relations: 61
13. Social Entrepreneurship: 30
14. Globalization and Labour***: 20
School of Health Systems Studies
15. Master of Health Administration (MHA): 35
16. Master of Hospital Administration (MHA): 46
17. Master of Public Health (MPH) in Social Epidemiology: 25
18. Master of Public Health (MPH) in Health Policy, Economics and Finance****: 20
School of Development Studies (MA in)
19. Development Studies: 46
20. Women’s Studies: 26
School of Education (MA in)
21. Education (Elementary): 41
School of Habit Studies (MA / M.Sc. in)
22. Climate Change and Sustainability Studies: 15
23. Disaster Management: 40
24. Urban Policy and Practice: 20
25. Regulatory Governance: 20
26. Water Policy and Governance: 15
Centre for Human Ecology
27. MA Applied Psychology – Specialization in Counseling Psychology: 25
28. MA Applied Psychology – Specialization in Clinical Psychology: 20
Centre for Media and Cultural Studies (MA in)
29. Media and Cultural Studies: 25
Centre for Digital Library and Information Sciences
30. Master of Library and Information Science: 15
31. MA Social Work in Rural Development: 40
32. MA in Rural Development and Governance: 40
33. MA in Education: 30
34. Community Organization & Development Practices: 20
35. Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship: 20
36. Counseling: 15
37. Public Health: 15
38. Labour Studies and Social Security: 15
39. Environment, Ecology and Sustainable Development: 20
How to Apply: Complete online application form, pay the application fee (depending on number of programs applied) and submit it by 10th November 2012
• Last Date for Submission of online Application Forms: Nov 10, 2012
• Written test (online) will be held on: Jan 13, 2013