How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http:// www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form".
* A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2013, must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1992.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
* upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
* upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
* upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
* upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
Candidates are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by re- mitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash.
using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner& Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Female, SC, ST, PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee.
Online Applications can be filled up to : April 4th, 2013 till 11.59 pm
e-admit Card Available from : May 1st Week, 2013
Prelims Exam on : May 26th , 2013
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
Subjects for the Preliminary and Main Examinations:-
Two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
* The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class 10th level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
* Details of the syllabi are indicated in Part A of Section III.
* Each paper will be of two hours duration.
* Main Examination:-
The written examination will consist of the following papers:
Section 1 Essay 200 Marks
Section 2 English Comprehension
& English Précis (Of Matriculation/
Xth standard level) 100 Marks
General Studies–I 250Marks
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and
Geography of the World and Society)
General Studies –II 250 Marks
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social
Justice and International relations)
General Studies –III 250 Marks
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity,
Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
General Studies –IV 250 Marks
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Optional Subject – Paper 1 250 Marks
Optional Subject – Paper 2 250 Marks
Sub Total (Written test) 1800 Marks
Personality Test 275 Marks.
Grand Total 2075 Marks
Penalty Wrong Answers: -
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the
Objective Type Question Papers.
For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet, candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen.
Help Line Center:
Candidates contact Telephone No. 011-23385271/011- 23381125/011-23098543
on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.