|Navodaya PGT Notification 2014|
Total PGT Vacancies are 514.
Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs)
S. No. Subject UR OBC SC ST Total
1 Biology 19 09 13 00 41
2 Chemistry 20 10 06 15 51
3 Commerce 08 08 05 04 25
4 Economics25 12 29 10 76
5 English 40 00 05 08 53
6 Geography17 06 06 04 33
7 Hindi 37 00 06 08 51
8 History 31 00 08 02 41
9 Maths 14 19 27 24 84
10 Physics 24 10 06 19 59
Total 235 74 111 94 514
Online Registration Open from : February 1st, 2014
Fee deposits Opens from : February 1st, 2014
Online Registration Close on : February 28th, 2014
Fee Payment Close on : March 1st, 2014
Submission Closes on : March 3rd, 2014
Admit Card download from : March 31st, 2014
Date of Written Test on : April 27th, 2014
No Fee for SC/ST/PHC and Women Candidates
Others Fee Rs.500+60 (Rs.500 Application Fee+Rs.60 Bank Service Charge)
Fee Pay challan at Union Bank of India any branch
How to Apply:
* Candidates are required to apply Online through Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
* Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment. The NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti through its exam conducting agency may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person.
* In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create new email ID before applying Online.
* Candidate should have scanned copy of recent colour photograph and signatures (not exceeding 100 kb each) while filling up online application form.
* Applicants are first required to go to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in and open the link 'Recruitment of Teachers in NVS - 2014'. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification titled as ‘RECRUITMENT OF PGTs & TGTs in JNVs - 2014'.
* Candidates can apply Online by visiting the Recruitment Page of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s website and going to the sub-link Filling up of Online Application form for Recruitment of PGT and TGT 2014 as the case may be. Click on this sub-link will open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
* Carefully fill in the complete details in online application form. Scan and upload your recent photograph and signatures at the appropriate places as per instructions contained in the online application format and submit the same Online. Login id and password would be generated on successful submission of application and will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to note down their login id and password for future use.
* Take a print out of the Fees Payment Challan.
* Go to the nearest Branch of Union Bank of India with the Fee Payment Challan. Pay in Cash Rs.560/- (i.e. Application Fee of Rs.500/- + Rs.60/- Bank’s service charges) in the form of a bank challan as mentioned above. No fee is required to be paid by candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH categories and Women candidates; hence the steps for payment of fees will not be applicable to them in online application form. Once the fee plus service charges is deposited the same shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidate should take note of this and act accordingly.
* Obtain the counterfoil (Applicant's Copy & NVS Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID/Journal No (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
* Revisit the NVS website and login with your login id and password and complete the process by filling in the fee details such as Journal No. / Transaction ID, Branch code, date of deposit, amount etc.
* Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan (NVS Copy) will have to be submitted with the call letter at the time of written examination. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the written examination. Candidates are also required to show the fee payment challan at the time of interview. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan for future use. Those who are exempted from paying fee are required to show the requisite certificate (caste certificate / disability certificate) at the time of written examination / interview. Women candidates are not required to follow this step.
* The candidates should take a printout of the online application, affix a recent passport size photograph and preserve it with them for their record and should not send the same at the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s address or any other address. The application printout with photograph affixed will also have to be submitted during document verification at the time of interviews along with the attested copies of certificates in support of Age, Qualification, Experience, Caste, Caste Validity, Non Creamy Layer, Physical disability, as applicable.
* The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
* PGT Candidates are required to download the call letter from Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s website i.e. “www.navodaya.nic.in”. Candidates may be intimated about the same through e-mail by the exam conducting agency of the Samiti. However, candidates are advised in their own interest to view Samiti’s website from time to time with regard to the call letters and other updates about written examination and interviews, as they may not get the intimation through email due to technical fault. No correspondence should be entertained by the Samiti nor Samiti shall send separate intimation to the candidates to this effect.
* The question paper & the Answer Key will be put on the website same day immediately after the written examination is over inviting objections, if any, from the candidates. Candidates can submit their objections within 3 days. Thereafter, objections will be referred to experts and key will be finalized for preparation of result.
* Results of the written examination will be published in Samiti’s Website in due course. No enquiry in this regard will be entertained by NVS. The list of candidates called for Interview will be displayed in Samiti’s website. The list of short listed candidates for recruitment to the post of PGTs & TGTs subject wise will also be displayed in the Samiti’s website. No separate correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
* No TA etc. will be paid for appearing in the written test. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India. Selected candidates will initially be on probation for a period of two years. Test booklets, answer sheets (OMR), application form will be preserved up to the period of six months only, from the date declaration of final result and thereafter it shall be destroyed.