Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, Bhuneshwar, Conduct Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test 2014 on December 1st Week, 2014. As per NCTE guide line, the questions in the paper-I will be based on the topics of the Prescribed syllabus of the state for class I to V but their difficultly standard as well as linkages could be up to the secondary stage.
The questions in the paper-II will be based on the topics of the prescribed syllabus of the state for Class VI to VIII but their difficulty standard as well as linkages could be up to senior secondary/ higher secondary /+2 stage. The guide lines prescribed by the competent authority do not indicate any specific Text or author for OTET Examination. The OTET-2012 syllabus as developed by the TE & SCERT, Odisha as per the guidelines of the NCTE, shall be applicable for the OTET-2014. The detail syllabus of OTET is available in www.bseodisha.nic.in at the link “OTET Syllabus” www.scertorissa.org.
1. The duration of the test in each paper shall be two hours & thirty minutes.
2. All questions shall be of multiple choice category carrying one mark with four alternatives; out of which the candidates are required to find out one correct answer.
3. The candidates shall record the answers on OMR Sheet by darkening the circles completely with Blue/ Black ball point pen only. Darkening of more than one circle for a single question, would lead to rejection of that answer by the computerized evaluation system.
4. The question papers in non-language subjects shall be in Odia and English.
5. The candidates have to choose any one of the following language for language-I, in both paper; i.e. Odia, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu and Bengali.
6. Language-II shall be English for all candidates in both the papers.
7. Candidates applying for Paper-II shall have to choose either Mathematics & Science or Social Studies; as one of the Optional Subject.
8. There shall be no negative marks.